Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is Maxar’s SecureWatch (formerly called Global Basemap or GBM).
With SecureWatch, you have access to millions of square kilometers of streamed imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in web-mapping services and in an online viewer. Perhaps the most important feature of SecureWatch are the regular streaming updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
And if the SecureWatch streaming database lacks the coverage you need, Premium users are now able to download any image from the entire Maxar archive in a wide variety of formats!
October 2021 Product Update
Last month we checked out the SecureWatch coverage in the Middle East, and for the October edition of this article we travel to China and Russia for a check on their coverage:
- China and Russia Coverage By Year
- Less than 1 year (yr) old – 17,630,820 sq km, 67.21% coverage of China and Russia
- 1 to 2 yrs old – 16,693,750 sq km, 63.64% coverage
- 2 to 3 yrs old – 12,540,680 sq km, 47.80% coverage
- 3 to 4 yrs old – 1,318,363 sq km, 5.03% coverage
- Older than 4 yrs – 2,528,948 sq km, 9.64% coverage
- Total coverage – 50,712,561 sq km
- Total (approximate) area considered – 26,233,401 sq km
SecureWatch Product Specifications
- Accessible Geographic Regions: global
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 30-cm (as available) via WMS, WMST, WCS, TMS and WFS
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-1/2/3 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-4 and aerial
- Imagery Holdback Period For Updates: 90-day holdback for SecureWatch Standard; 2-day holdback for SecureWatch Premium; updates are to limited portions of the database, not the entire database
- Data Accuracy: ortho image strips are produced to < 8.4-meter CE90%, older content from legacy Maxar sensors may have up to 25-m CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS, TMS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database/downloads and online portal
- Annual Downloads & Streaming Limits: Standard = 4 gigabytes (GB) and up, perpetual license for downloads from the online catalog only (ortho images available in color or panchromatic for WV1); Premium = 2 GB and up, perpetual license for all downloads
- Maximum Concurrent Users: unlimited!
- Data Layers: Standard = standard ortho-image strips (90-day holdback), Vivid Basic (8.4-m CE90%) country-wide mosaics, and OSM and Google Maps vectors; Premium = +Daily (2-day holdback) and First Look image strips, Metro, Vivid Basic (8.4-m CE90%), Vivid Standard (5.0-m CE90%), Vivid Tile Cache and Terracolor (Landsat) mosaics, and OSM and Google Maps vectors
- Pricing Model: Standard and Premium tiered annual pricing models with increasing download and streaming limits; also a streaming-only annual model based on seats
SecureWatch Direct Archive Download Specifications
Premium SecureWatch users are able to download high-resolution satellite imagery from the entire Maxar archive in a variety of formats. Here are some details on this exciting offering:
- Available Data Sources: entire commercial archives of GeoEye-1, IKONOS, QuickBird and WorldView-1/2/3/4 (SWIR included too!)
- Annual Downloads Limits: 2 GB and up; metering combined with streaming usage
- Product License: perpetual internal use
- Product Resolution: maximum resolution for each satellite
- Product Formats: all standard types are offered including, orthoready, stereo, basic, 4-band bundle, 8-band bundle, ACOMP on, etc.
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in Maxar’s SecureWatch, you can reach our sales team anytime at [email protected] or during typical American business hours at (303) 993-3863.