Launched in late 2016, Map Mavin is our pay-as-you go GIS cloud that lets users make unlimited public and password-protected web maps. Once you upload your vector and raster files to our secure Amazon cloud, you are ready to make and share your web maps in minutes – just like this demo web map we made with vectors and a base layer TIFF from Boulder, Colorado. And with our Screen Share function, you can link up with users all around the world to collaborate on a map in real-time. Picture a live webex in your mind but just based around a map that moves and changes as the members of your team update information. Imagine the possibilities of working in real-time with a team of collaborators around the world without any GIS knowledge required!
Priced at just $20 per month with a free trial month, there is no other cloud-based GIS on the market that can compete with Map Mavin on price. For your $20 per month, you are able to store and/or use up to 5 gigabytes (5GB) of bandwidth; and once you go over 5GB in a month, it costs you just 75-cents per GB from there! As an added bonus, you can cancel your monthly contract at any time.
January 2017 Product Updates
Map Mavin has only been on the market for a month and we are already gathering a list of our next round of improvements which you can find below:
- More intuitive process for saving and changing layer symbology
- Improved GUI and directions to clarify free web map user versus paid admin accounts
- Add the ability to drag and drop so you can reorder layers during web map creation and on an active web map
- Enhanced hover functionality on web maps and general bug clean up so that querying vector attributes is more consistent
- Add the ability to place web map labels that are not on a sticky note background
We are working on some of these improvements now and expect them to roll out during February, so stay tuned to this monthly article where we will let you know when they do.
If you have an improvement you would like to add to this list, let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in trying out Map Mavin? If so, you can sign up here. Or maybe you would like a live demo of the product before you sign up? If so, send us an email at email@example.com and we will get one scheduled right away!