Launched in late 2016 (and relaunched in mid-2018), Map Mavin is our pay-as-you go GIS cloud that lets users make unlimited public and password-protected web maps. Once you upload your vector and raster files to our secure Amazon cloud, you are ready to make and share your web maps in minutes – just like this demo web map we made with vectors and a base layer TIFF from Boulder, Colorado.
And with our Screen Share function, you can link up with users all around the world to collaborate on a map in real-time. Picture a live webex in your mind but just based around a map that moves and changes as the members of your team update information. Imagine the possibilities of working in real-time with a team of collaborators around the world without any GIS knowledge required!
Priced at just $35 per month with a free trial month, there is no other cloud-based GIS on the market that can compete with Map Mavin on price. For your $35 per month, you are able to store up to 5 gigabytes (5GB) as well as make and share unlimited web maps. As an added bonus, you can cancel your monthly contract at any time.
March 2018 Product Updates
In the past month, we released Map Mavin updates that included but were not limited to the following list of additions and/or enhancements:
- Advanced sizing of clusters for point data
- Brought back the more simple search function
- Added point density mapping
- Improved the appearance of Data Catalog cards
- Allow editing of the No Data color in choropleth mapping
- Change attribute and stop labels in choropleth mapping
- Append/replace from the ArcGIS-to-Map Mavin plugin
- Upload to a folder from the ArcGIS-to-Map Mavin plugin
- Added HTML to system generated emails
- Move text markups on web maps
- Change border color in choropleth mapping
- Include stroke and fill color in a single drop-down menu for Choropleth styling
- Free Data button linking to the Data Catalog added to the Layers page
You can find a full list of our recent changes and bug fixes here. And please stay tuned to this series where we will let you know about the most exciting Map Mavin changes released in the past month.
If you have an improvement or feature addition you would like to add the Map Mavin product road map, let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in trying out Map Mavin? If so, you can sign up here. Or maybe you would like a live demo of the product before you sign up? If so, send us an email at email@example.com and we will get one scheduled right away!