As we mentioned in our Interview Special last month, we here at Apollo Mapping have grown quite a bit recently and are proud to announce the addition of two rock-star coders to our Development Team. Last month’s edition of Map Mavin Methods featured seasoned coder, Tom Vilot, who with three decades of experience under his belt had a good deal to say in response to our questions. This month, however, you will be receiving a more condensed, elevator-speech version of an interview as we sit down with our newest employee, Maddie Abboud. Favoring brevity over bullsh**, we invite you to kick your feet back and enjoy her beautifully succinct and no-nonsense responses to the same questions we asked of Tom. Did she keep it short because she has better things to be working on? Does she just hate me? Or both? We’ll likely never know…. [Answers heavily censored at the behest of our legal team…]
- How and when did you first get into coding?
When I was like 12 because I was bored.
- When did coding become a full-time job for you / where did you first work in a coding role?
My first full time gig was at Windward Studios in 2012.
- Over the years, where have you worked? Any memorable experiences?
Developer at Windward Studios where we did reporting software for 4 years, wrote telemarketing software at Connect First for a year, freelance developer, escort for like a year.
- Coming into the world of geospatial science, what’s different about the work you do now than previous roles? What in regards to the work you do with Apollo is particularly exciting and what are some new challenges that are unique to this role?
This question is stupid so I’m not answering it.
(This not-time-for-BS attitude is why we hired Maddie, godspeed you badass)
- Tell us briefly about some forthcoming Map Mavin work you’re excited about.
Rewriting the UI with React instead of this Sencha crap.
- In your life as a seasoned coder, name one particular scenario or thing in general that you love about coding, and one scenario or thing you f***ing absolutely loathe.
I absolutely loathe Brock and his obsession with pixel spacing.
- Outside of work, what do you like to spend your time doing?
Running, video games and programming.
And there you have it folks! Introducing Maddie, a badass coder who works her ass off way too hard to have time for interviews with myself or frankly anyone. We’re glad to have you! 😊