Have you had a chance to test out our online imagery search engine, Image Hunter?
If not, give it a test drive now as all orders placed with Image Hunter will receive a 5% discount!
We are very excited to announce that this month we added the medium resolution satellites SPOT 4 and SPOT 5 to the Image Hunter database; as well as the high resolution satellites, Pléiades 1A and 1B. With the addition of the Pléiades 1 constellation, you can now preview and order data from ever sub-meter multispectral satellite that is commercially available. We are excited about this change as it will save our Apollo Mapping clients significant time searching for and ordering both high and medium resolution satellite imagery.
Image Hunter can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is a one-stop shop for every major source of medium and high resolution satellite imagery on the market today, including:
- The Pléiades 1 constellation
- SPOT 4 and 5
If any of our readers have struggled with other geospatial search engines that are clunky; only query one data source; and/or do not provide preview images, then Image Hunter is the solution to your woes, as it features:
- Near-instantaneous loading of low resolution preview imagery with associated collection date and key metadata.
- The ability to define your area of interest by address and with coordinates, geometric shape or shapefile/KMZ.
- A responsive base layer with street names and imagery to provide a spatial context when discovering data.
- Online ordering of satellite imagery from 3 data providers and 7 constellations.
- Global coverage with tools to measure distance and create annotated maps.
Image Hunter can be accessed here. If you would like help with Image Hunter, you can view a Startup Tool Guide here. We are excited to find out what you think about Image Hunter and any ideas you might have to improve the user experience – we can be reached anytime at (303) 993-3863 or at [email protected] with these suggestions.