Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is DigitalGlobe’s Global Basemap (GBM).
With Global Basemap, you have access to millions of square kilometers of imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in streaming web-mapping services as well as through an online viewer. And perhaps the most important feature of GBM is the regular updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
January 2015 Global Basemap Product Update
This month we introduce a new product, Basemap +Vivid, to our regular readers of this update on DigitalGlobe’s GBM service. This new offering of full country (or regional in some cases) coverage is the most beautiful, high-resolution basemap available anywhere. Adjusted for details like optimal contrast, tonal blending and season, the result is a product with unrivalled consistency, completeness and visual appeal.
Powered by DigitalGlobe’s proprietary image processing techniques and unrivaled high-resolution imagery archive, Basemap +Vivid provides the highest visual quality imagery basemap. Basemap +Vivid is offered over large areas of interest, usually at the country level.
DigitalGlobe is aggressively building out global coverage of the Basemap +Vivid product. Today, there are a total of 63 countries available off-the-shelf, each ready for both online or offline delivery, including:
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
By the end of Q1 2015, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Kazakhstan and the entire continent of Africa will be added to the Basemap +Vivid database. In Q2 2015, DigitalGlobe will complete India and build out partial coverage of China. To find out more about Basemap +Vivid, please check out our new monthly piece on this product here.
Global Basemap Product Specifications
- Geographic Regions Covered: defined area of interest, country-level or global
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 50-centimeters through WMS and WCS; 60-cm for other delivery mechanisms
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-2 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-1 and aerial
- Database Update Frequency: annual, semi-annual, quarterly or daily (for Refresh 2.0 only); updates are to limited portions of the database, not the entire database
- Data Accuracy: 8.5-meter CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database and online portal
- Pricing Model: transactional and unlimited tiered subscriptions based on geography and number of users (with uplifts for more frequent updates and imagery downloads)
- Subscription Term: annual
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in Global Basemap, you can reach our sales team anytime at email@example.com or during typical business hours at (303) 993-3863.