Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is DigitalGlobe’s Global Basemap (GBM).
With Global Basemap, you have access to millions of square kilometers of imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in streaming web-mapping services as well as through an online viewer. And perhaps the most important feature of GBM is the regular updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
June 2014 Global Basemap Product Update
Continuing the theme started last month, as part of the GBM USA Refresh 2.0 product, DigitalGlobe has committed to having coverage no older than 12 months over 90% of the United States and Territories (except for Alaska with a 70% commitment) by the end of 2014. In our June edition, we focused on states with coverage approaching the 12 month or less date threshold, and so this month we focus on major US metropolitans:
- 68 of the top 72 US metropolitan areas are completely or partially covered with imagery less than or equal to 3 months old
- 37 of these US metro areas are completely or partially covered with imagery less than or equal to 1 month old, including:
- Chicago, Illinois
- Denver, Colorado
- Los Angeles, California
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- San Francisco, California
- Seattle, Washington
- 56 of these US metro areas are completely or partially covered with imagery less than or equal to 2 months old, including:
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Dallas, Texas
- Houston, Texas
- New York City, New York
- San Diego, California
Global Basemap Product Specifications
- Geographic Regions Covered: defined area of interest, country-level or global
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 50-centimeters through WMS and WCS; 60-cm for other delivery mechanisms
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-2 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-1 and aerial
- Database Update Frequency: annual, semi-annual, quarterly or daily (for Refresh 2.0 only); updates are to limited portions of the database, not the entire database
- Data Accuracy: 8.5-meter CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database and online portal
- Pricing Model: transactional and unlimited tiered subscriptions based on geography and number of users (with uplifts for more frequent updates and imagery downloads)
- Subscription Term: annual
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in Global Basemap, you can reach our sales team anytime at [email protected] or during typical business hours at (303) 993-3863.