Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is DigitalGlobe’s Global Basemap (GBM).
With Global Basemap, you have access to millions of square kilometers of imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in streaming web-mapping services as well as through an online viewer. And perhaps the most important feature of GBM is the regular updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
November 2014 Global Basemap Product Update
Currently, DigitalGlobe’s license allows them to deliver customers imagery down to 40-cm resolution. While many customers have been enjoying 40-cm imagery offline since October, we are proud to announce that our GBM customers will now have access to 40-cm WorldView-3 (WV3) imagery through MyDigitalGlobe.com and web services.
Like most other hosted mapping platforms, DigitalGlobe Cloud Services ingests imagery at the resolution which it is delivered, and then reprocesses it to the specified resolution for each tile layer: 30-cm, 60-cm, 1.2-m, etc. This is the resolution users see at each zoom level. Because of the exceptional resolution of WV3, you’ll notice superb quality at every scale – whether you’re looking at a single building or an entire city.
With 40-cm online imagery, GBM users get two new benefits. First, the native image resolution is better, so that image quality is maintained when resampled up to 30-cm and down to 60-cm for tile layer viewing online. A second key feature is that downloaded imagery maintains its original resolution, which is 40-cm in the case of WV3.
Global Basemap Product Specifications
- Geographic Regions Covered: defined area of interest, country-level or global
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 50-centimeters through WMS and WCS; 60-cm for other delivery mechanisms
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-2 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-1 and aerial
- Database Update Frequency: annual, semi-annual, quarterly or daily (for Refresh 2.0 only); updates are to limited portions of the database, not the entire database
- Data Accuracy: 8.5-meter CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database and online portal
- Pricing Model: transactional and unlimited tiered subscriptions based on geography and number of users (with uplifts for more frequent updates and imagery downloads)
- Subscription Term: annual
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in Global Basemap, you can reach our sales team anytime at email@example.com or during typical business hours at (303) 993-3863.