Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is DigitalGlobe’s Global Basemap (GBM).
With Global Basemap, you have access to millions of square kilometers of imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in streaming web-mapping services as well as through an online viewer. And perhaps the most important feature of GBM is the regular updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
February 2015 Global Basemap Product Update
We are huge fans of numbers here at Apollo Mapping so this month we feature a few ‘fun’ statistics about the high-resolution imagery coverage in GBM:
- Total Color Coverage: 87.5% of the global landmass (minus Greenland and Antarctica)
- Total Color Coverage Added in 2015: 17,741,858 square kilometers (sq km), or about 10% of global land mass minus Greenland and Antarctica
- USA States & Territories With 90% or More Coverage Less Than a Year Old (GBM USA Refresh option):
- Arizona – 95.4%
- California – 96.6%
- Connecticut – 93.6%
- Delaware – 100%
- District of Columbia – 100%
- Florida – 96.8%
- Hawaii – 100%
- Idaho – 92.5%
- Maine – 96.7%
- Massachusetts – 99.1%
- Nevada – 96.4%
- New Hampshire – 98.2%
- New Jersey – 100%
- New Mexico – 91.0%
- Oregon – 91.9%
- Pennsylvania – 91.9%
- Puerto Rico – 99.3%
- Rhode Island – 100%
- South Carolina – 91.1%
- Texas – 90.5%
- Vermont – 99.99%
Global Basemap Product Specifications
- Geographic Regions Covered: defined area of interest, country-level or global
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 50-centimeters through WMS and WCS; 60-cm for other delivery mechanisms
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-2 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-1 and aerial
- Database Update Frequency: annual, semi-annual, quarterly or daily (for Refresh 2.0 only); updates are to limited portions of the database, not the entire database
- Data Accuracy: 8.5-meter CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database and online portal
- Pricing Model: transactional and unlimited tiered subscriptions based on geography and number of users (with uplifts for more frequent updates and imagery downloads)
- Subscription Term: annual
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in Global Basemap, you can reach our sales team anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or during typical business hours at (303) 993-3863.