Geographic information is consumed, edited and viewed in a myriad of ways. Many GIS professionals prefer to use software like ArcGIS, GRASS and QGIS. Others prefer Google Earth to easily share geographic files with clients and colleagues without the need for complex GIS software; while GeoJSON (JSON) is the preferred open-source format for simple features. Moving these data files between software systems can be difficult, especially with proprietary formats. Enter our 100% free online tool, kmz2shp.com, which solves this problem!
With kmz2shp.com you can easily convert between geographic file formats without cumbersome, expensive software. Simplifying this task frees up time for you to focus on what’s really important and reduces a bit of your mind-numbing GIS work. With a single click, you can convert your shapefiles (SHP) to Google Earth KMLs or KMZs and share them with your clients and colleagues. You can ingest JSONs and spit out shapefiles to add to your GIS.
Working with your teammates, clients and other stakeholders shouldn’t be difficult. There’s no need to get caught up on geographic file conversions when you have kmz2shp.com. Our service will save you time and money with zero cost or hassle.
With our website, kmz2shp.com, you can go to town, converting all of your shapefiles into Google’s KMZ or KML formats. And if you’re sitting on a bunch of KMZ and KML files, you can turn them into the open-standard format GeoJSON or convert them back to SHP to load into a GIS. There’s no limit on how many files you can convert (as long as they are below 10 MBs when zipped); and all of this for the low, low price of free!
Here are a few of the features that make kmz2shp.com superior to other GIS conversion websites out there:
- Our website is 100% free as long as your uploaded file is below 10MB. And you can convert as many files as you like per day.
- We do not gather any contact information, email, etc. to convert SHPs, KMLs, KMZs and JSONs.
- We built this website on Google AMP so it loads nearly instantly in Chrome.
- You can convert point, line and polygon files on kmz2shp.com – in fact, we even have a way to convert mixed geometry KMZ files.
- Oh, and did we mention the website is 100% free?! J
We hope you find our website, kmz2shp.com, helpful and it saves you time when you want to convert between various GIS file formats.