In the coming months, Apollo Mapping will be unveiling the industry’s most affordable, scalable and secure spatial cloud, the GISrack. While we are busy building out the infrastructure and technology required to support the most flexible GIS cloud on the market, now is a great time to explain a bit about the GISrack.
Some of you may have used other GIS cloud services in the past, and in many ways the GISrack will be similar to these. But the GISrack will distinguish itself in a variety of important manners. Here is a list of the key features that will be unique to the GISrack:
- Near-instant set-up – unlike other GIS clouds, the GISrack will take less than five minutes to sign up for, load data on to and get started using. No other cloud comes close to that flexibility.
- Tons of free spatial data – included with every subscription is access to more than 4 terabytes (TB) of free vector and raster data covering the United States and many parts of the world.
- A marketplace for spatial data – all users will have access to a library of spatial data that can be added to your GIS cloud. Further, users will be able to post data they have created to the marketplace to sell to other users (or let them use for free if you wish).
- Cloud computing – we will ask all users for feedback on the spatial operations they perform most frequently and will then implement the most popular ones in the GISrack.
- Free entry-level subscriptions – users will be able to use the full-functionality of the GISrack with up to 25 megabytes (MB) of free storage and bandwidth. And once you pass this storage limit, subscriptions will start at just $5.00 per month!
- A robust online viewer – for those users in your organization lacking access to a GIS application, the GISrack will feature an online viewer that can be accessed from anywhere in the world as long as users have internet access.
- Enhanced browsing speeds – we will have all of your spatial data cached in multiple locations around the world so access times will be greatly reduced for international users.
- Flexible streaming architecture – administrators will be able to setup multiple WMS and WFS feeds that can be shared with the appropriate teams of data users. Each feed can be seeded with the datasets these users need access to.
- Industry-leading data redundancy – with 99.999999999% data redundancy, you can be assured that your data will not be lost once placed on the GISrack.
Do you have any specific questions you would like answered about the GISrack? Or perhaps you want to join the beta program? If so, let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .