This is probably the last time we will run this article for a bit – so hopefully you see it this month if you missed it in the last few newsletter editions!
We are happy to announce that a full resolution WorldView-3 (WV3) 8-band shortwave infrared (SWIR) and 8-band multispectral (MS) sample is now live on the Apollo Mapping website!
The sample can be accessed using the following link; just fill out this short form and then scroll to the bottom of the next page to find the compressed WV3 imagery file. You will want to use 7-Zip to extract the ZIP file – it is a freeware program you can find here.
Now an important note to our readers: while WV3 collects 3.7-meter (m) 8-band SWIR data, current US government regulations restrict the resolution to 7.5-m for all SWIR sales.
Here are a few key product specifications for this full resolution WV3 SWIR, MS and panchromatic imagery sample:
- Area of Interest Location: rural Khorixas
- Area of Interest Size: ~120 square kilometers
- Resolution: 30-cm panchromatic, 1.2-m MS & 7.5-m SWIR
- Spectral Bands: panchromatic, 8-band MS (i.e. coastal, blue, green, yellow, red, red edge, NIR1 and NIR2) and 8-band SWIR
- Product Format: 16-bit depth, ortho-ready with RPC files
- Compressed File Size:5 gigabytes (GB)
For more information on WorldView-3 satellite imagery, including technical specifications, please refer to our website here.
And if you have a specific request for WV3 data, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.