As anyone who has programmed can appreciate, developing your own custom online applications can take longer than originally expected. As such, we have pushed back the start of the Flex GIS Cloud beta program to January. So if you are interested in joining in, let us know!
Before we give you some details on the beta program, let’s explore our new Flex GIS Cloud. What we feel separates our spatial cloud from competitor’s is its extreme flexibility and streamlined setup. Most GIS clouds require days or even weeks to get setup and start using, but not our Flex GIS Cloud. The setup takes less than 5 minutes and once your account is active, you can start using it immediately! And unlike others, our Flex GIS Cloud has no setup fees. You pay as you go for the data you use.
It seems like the term ‘GIS cloud’ has taken on a variety of meanings depending on the user group and need. The Apollo Mapping Flex GIS Cloud is comprised of storage, viewing and free data:
Data Storage & Access
- No upfront commitment and you only pay for the storage you use. Whether you have a few megabytes or a few terabytes of spatial data, our cloud scales to handle your needs.
- Ample bandwidth to access all of your cloud-hosted files by OGC-compliant streaming feeds such as WMS and WFS. With data hosted in multiple locations, you get faster access from any location on the globe as well as improved data redundancy.
Online GIS Viewer
- For those on your team who cannot access a desktop GIS application, our flex cloud will feature an internet-based viewer and editor.
- And for those who do have their own GIS, why burn out your computer’s motherboard running geospatial queries when you can harness the power of our cloud to view, query and edit your spatial data from any device.
- Let’s call it what it is, everyone loves free stuff – and our Flex GIS Cloud will feature a collection of free vector and raster files that you can stream into your GIS or view online.
Does our new Flex GIS Cloud sound like something you can use? We envision this product to be useful for organizations who have spatial data users in multiple locations with some lacking access to GIS. If that is your organization, drop us a line and we will add you to our beta program list. The beta program will feature a month long access to our cloud with limited storage – the free data component will likely not be available to start.
If you are interested in joining the beta program, let us know by email at email@example.com.