In this monthly piece, we give our readers a sense of the high-resolution imagery coverage collected over a geography during a specified window. To do this, we pick a high resolution satellite, a defined time period and area of interest, then report key statistics on the total amount of imagery collected in square kilometers (sq km). Without further delay, let’s jump into our analysis.
- Graphic Region of Interest: India and surrounding nations
- Land Mass Covered: 3,539,022.7 sq km
- Time Period: January 1 to March 31, 2015
- High Resolution Satellite Constellation: Pléiades 1
Pléiades 1 Constellation Imaging Statistics – India and Surrounding Nations
- Total Area Collected: 1,189,055.9 sq km; 6,605.9 sq km per satellite/per day
- Area Collected @ 20% or Less Clouds & 30 Degrees Off-Nadir: 748,317.4 sq km; 4,157.3 sq km per satellite/per day; 62.93% of total