Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is Maxar’s SecureWatch.
With SecureWatch, you have access to millions of square kilometers of streamed imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in web-mapping services and in an online viewer. Perhaps the most important feature of SecureWatch are the regular streaming updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
And if the SecureWatch streaming database lacks the coverage you need, Premium users are now able to download any image from the entire Maxar archive in a wide variety of formats!
January 2020 Product Update
If you are a regular reader of this article series, you might notice a new name; but fear not, it is literally just a name change to align two similar Maxar product offerings. The only change you might notice are a few additional ancillary data layers and analytic techniques as well as some new product URLs. If you have any questions about this name change, feel free to email us at email@example.com!
In November, SecureWatch pricing was revised so that it’s more flexible with data buckets sold in gigabyte (GB) increments. The minimum order has not changed but now you are able to purchase the exact number of GBs you might need in a year as opposed to fixed increments. Further, a Streaming only model was added with pricing based on the number of users. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about these changes!
In December we checked out the coverage over Europe, and for this month’s SecureWatch update we pivot to our southern neighbors of Central America. And sure the coverage is not as ideal in a few pockets, but the majority of Central America is covered by data less than a year old which is impressive for a cloudy region like this! Here is a more detailed look at the SecureWatch coverage stats for Central America:
- Central America SecureWatch Coverage By Year
- Less than 1 year (yr) old – 388,165 sq km, 75.05% coverage of Central America
- 1 to 2 yr old – 419,301 sq km, 81.07% coverage
- 2 to 3 yr old – 427,353 sq km, 82.63% coverage
- 3 to 4 yr old – 337,834 sq km, 65.32% coverage
- 4 yr old and greater – 517,079 sq km, 99.97% coverage
- Total coverage – 2,089,732 sq km
- Total (approximate) area considered – 527,216 sq km
SecureWatch Product Specifications
- Accessible Geographic Regions: global (unless geo-fencing specifically requested by client)
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 50-centimeters through WMS and WCS; 30-cm for other delivery mechanisms
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-2/3/4 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-1 and aerial
- Imagery Holdback Period For Updates: 90 day holdback for SecureWatch Standard; 2 day holdback for SecureWatch Premium; updates are to limited portions of the database, not the entire database
- Data Accuracy: at least 8.5-meter CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database/downloads and online portal
- Annual Downloads & Streaming Limits: Standard = 4 gigabytes (GB) and up, annual license for downloads; Premium = 2 GB and up, perpetual license for downloads
- Maximum Concurrent Users: unlimited!
- Data Layers: Standard = standard image strips, +Vivid country-wide mosaics, and OSM and Google Maps vectors; Premium = standard, +Daily and First Look image strips, +Metro, +Vivid and Landsat mosaics, and OSM and Google Maps vectors
- Pricing Model: Standard and Premium tiered annual pricing models with increasing download and streaming limits; also a Streaming only annual model based on seats
SecureWatch Direct Archive Download Specifications
Premium SecureWatch users are able to download high-resolution satellite imagery from the entire Maxar archive in a variety of formats. Here are some details on this exciting offering:
- Available Data Sources: entire commercial archives of GeoEye-1, IKONOS, QuickBird and WorldView-1/2/3/4 (SWIR included too!)
- Annual Downloads Limits: 2 GB and up; metering combined with streaming usage
- Product License: internal use and perpetual
- Product Resolution: maximum resolution for each satellite
- Product Formats: all standard types are offered including, orthoready, stereo, basic, 4-band bundle, 8-band bundle, ACOMP on, etc.
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in Maxar’s SecureWatch, you can reach our sales team anytime at email@example.com or during typical American business hours at (303) 993-3863.