Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is DigitalGlobe’s Global Basemap (GBM).
With Global Basemap, you have access to millions of square kilometers of imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in streaming web-mapping services as well as through an online viewer. And perhaps the most important feature of GBM is the regular updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
May 2017 Product Update
In April we looked at the coverage over Western Europe (sorry about the wrong title!), and this month we move south with a look at the GBM coverage over Africa. And wow, just wow, for a sparsely populated continent there is amazing coverage even the rural areas. You can check out the statistics below.
- Africa GBM Coverage By Year
- Less than 1 year (yr) old – 25,025,167 sq km, 83.77% coverage of Africa
- 1 to 2 yr old – 20,386,564 sq km, 68.24% coverage
- 2 to 3 yr old – 14,296,797 sq km, 47.86% coverage
- 3 to 4 yr old – 8,599,019 sq km, 28.78% coverage
- 4 yr old and greater – 21,705,112 sq km, 72.65% coverage
- Total coverage – 90,012,659 sq km
- Total (approximate) area of Africa – 29,875,062 sq km
Global Basemap Product Specifications
- Geographic Regions Covered: defined area of interest, US county, country or global
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 50-centimeters through WMS and WCS; 30-cm for other delivery mechanisms
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-2 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-1 and aerial
- Database Update Frequency: annual, semi-annual, quarterly or daily; updates are to limited portions of the database, not the entire database
- Data Accuracy:5-meter CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database and online portal
- Pricing Model: transactional and unlimited tiered subscriptions based on geography and number of users (with uplifts for more frequent updates and imagery downloads)
- Subscription Term: annual
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in DigitalGlobe’s Global Basemap, you can reach our sales team anytime at [email protected] or during typical business hours at (303) 993-3863.