Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is DigitalGlobe Basemap (DGB).
With DigitalGlobe Basemap, you have access to millions of square kilometers of imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in streaming web-mapping services as well as through an online viewer. And perhaps the most important feature of DGB is the regular updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
April 2015 DigitalGlobe Basemap Product Update
Here are some statistics about the imagery updates that occurred in the last month to the DGB database:
- From March 18th to April 15th, more than 17.04 million square kilometers of color data was added
- Color coverage of the Earth’s landmass (minus Greenland and Antarctica) increased 0.73% to 88.3%.
- In the Basemap USA Refresh version of DGB, there are 28 states plus Washington DC and Puerto Rico that have 90% or more coverage that is less than 12 months old:
- Delaware – 100.0%
- Washington DC – 100.0%
- Hawaii – 100.0%
- Rhode Island – 100.0%
- New Jersey – 100.0%
- Nevada – 99.75%
- Puerto Rico – 99.35%
- California – 98.67%
- New Hampshire – 98.56%
- Arizona – 98.50%
- New Mexico – 97.99%
- Kansas – 97.65%
- Florida – 97.53%
- South Carolina – 96.81%
- Minnesota – 96.61%
- Nebraska – 96.34%
- Maine – 95.74%
- Oregon – 95.33%
- Texas – 93.71%
- Massachusetts – 93.45%
- Oklahoma – 93.34%
- Utah – 93.21%
- Idaho – 92.85%
- Iowa – 92.81%
- Illinois – 92.35%
- Pennsylvania – 91.31%
- Wyoming – 91.00%
- Arkansas – 90.35%
- Vermont – 90.34%
- South Dakota – 90.07%
DigitalGlobe Basemap Product Specifications
- Geographic Regions Covered: defined area of interest, US county, country or global
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 50-centimeters through WMS and WCS; 60-cm for other delivery mechanisms
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-2 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-1 and aerial
- Database Update Frequency: annual, semi-annual, quarterly or daily; updates are to limited portions of the database, not the entire database
- Data Accuracy: 8.5-meter CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database and online portal
- Pricing Model: transactional and unlimited tiered subscriptions based on geography and number of users (with uplifts for more frequent updates and imagery downloads)
- Subscription Term: annual
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in DigitalGlobe Basemap, you can reach our sales team anytime at [email protected] or during typical business hours at (303) 993-3863.