Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is DigitalGlobe Basemap (GBM).
With DigitalGlobe Basemap, you have access to millions of square kilometers of imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in streaming web-mapping services as well as through an online viewer. And perhaps the most important feature of GBM is the regular updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
December 2015 Product Update
As our focus is on Canada and the United States for this month’s update on GBM, here are some coverage statistics that show you just how powerful this subscription service is:
- Total Land Mass – 9,952,998 square kilometers (sq km)
- Coverage < 1 Year Old – 4,678,048 sq km
- Coverage 1 to 2 Years Old – 1,433,071 sq km
- Coverage 2 to 3 Years Old – 1,097,191 sq km
- Coverage 3 to 4 Years Old – 1,033,423 sq km
- Coverage > 4 Years Old – 777,366 sq km
- United States
- Total Land Mass – 9,465,794 square kilometers (sq km)
- Coverage < 1 Year Old – 7,850,235 sq km
- Coverage 1 to 2 Years Old – 1,011,508 sq km
- Coverage 2 to 3 Years Old – 23,518 sq km (most of this is in Alaska)
- Coverage 3 to 4 Years Old – 47,878 sq km (most of this is in Alaska)
- Coverage > 4 Years Old – 132,534 sq km (most of this is in Alaska)
- Please note this is not the total area of imagery over Canada and the USA, rather it is the area covered by the most recent data.
DigitalGlobe Basemap Product Specifications
- Geographic Regions Covered: defined area of interest, US county, country or global
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 50-centimeters through WMS and WCS; 60-cm for other delivery mechanisms
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-2 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-1 and aerial
- Database Update Frequency: annual, semi-annual, quarterly or daily; updates are to limited portions of the database, not the entire database
- Data Accuracy:5-meter CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database and online portal
- Pricing Model: transactional and unlimited tiered subscriptions based on geography and number of users (with uplifts for more frequent updates and imagery downloads)
- Subscription Term: annual
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in DigitalGlobe Basemap, you can reach our sales team anytime at [email protected] or during typical business hours at (303) 993-3863.