Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is DigitalGlobe Basemap (DGB).
With DigitalGlobe Basemap, you have access to millions of square kilometers of imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in streaming web-mapping services as well as through an online viewer. And perhaps the most important feature of DGB is the regular updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
May 2015 DigitalGlobe Basemap Product Update
DigitalGlobe Basemap is a constantly evolving product as imagery is added to the database on a daily basis from their constellation of high-resolution satellites. Here is a list of states (and territories) with 90% or greater coverage that is less than 12 months old in the Basemap USA Refresh version of DGB:
- Arizona – 98.8%
- Arkansas – 90.1%
- California – 99.9%
- Connecticut – 100.0%
- Delaware – 100.0%
- District of Columbia – 100.0%
- Florida – 99.6%
- Hawaii – 100.0%
- Idaho – 95.2%
- Illinois – 96.2%
- Kansas – 98.3%
- Maine – 97.9%
- Maryland – 90.1%
- Massachusetts – 98.1%
- Minnesota – 96.5%
- Nebraska – 96.3%
- Nevada – 99.7%
- New Hampshire – 96.3%
- New Jersey – 96.1%
- New Mexico – 98.0%
- Oklahoma – 92.2%
- Oregon – 96.8%
- Pennsylvania – 92.5%
- Puerto Rico – 99.3%
- Rhode Island – 100.0%
- South Carolina – 92.1%
- South Dakota – 96.9%
- Texas – 93.1%
- Utah – 94.4%
- Vermont – 90.8%
- Wyoming – 91.4%
DigitalGlobe Basemap Product Specifications
- Geographic Regions Covered: defined area of interest, US county, country or global
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 50-centimeters through WMS and WCS; 60-cm for other delivery mechanisms
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-2 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-1 and aerial
- Database Update Frequency: annual, semi-annual, quarterly or daily; updates are to limited portions of the database, not the entire database
- Data Accuracy: 8.5-meter CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database and online portal
- Pricing Model: transactional and unlimited tiered subscriptions based on geography and number of users (with uplifts for more frequent updates and imagery downloads)
- Subscription Term: annual
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in DigitalGlobe Basemap, you can reach our sales team anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or during typical business hours at (303) 993-3863.
Leave a Reply