Have you checked out Image Hunter yet? If not, you should!
Listening to the feedback we received on improving current imagery search engines, Image Hunter features a friendly user interface with a backend architecture meant to maximize browsing efficiency. Image Hunter is built on open-source technology so it works on all computers, not just on Windows machines. All things said, we really think you will enjoy your browsing experience with Image Hunter
Key July 2015 Improvements
The future is now! We launched our highly anticipated Data Alert service in mid-July and it’s a hit! We already have more than 50 project areas that are being searched daily for new imagery.
Data Alert lets you define an area of interest anywhere around the globe, the resolution your project requires and the number of months we should keep the alert active. Once this is set up, we check for new data over your area of interest every single day, and send you an email alert when we find coverage that meets your specifications.
Image Hunter can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is a one-stop shop for every major source of medium and high-resolution satellite imagery on the market today, including:
- EROS B
- KOMPSAT 3
- KOMPSAT 2
- The Pléiades 1 constellation
- The entire SPOT constellation
If any of our readers have struggled with other geospatial search engines that are clunky, only query one data source and/or do not provide image previews, then Image Hunter is the solution to your woes, as it features:
- Online browsing of satellite imagery from 4 data providers and 19 satellites.
- Near-instantaneous loading of low resolution preview imagery with collection date, cloud cover and other key metadata.
- The ability to define your area of interest by address and with coordinates, geometric shape or shapefile/KMZ.
- A responsive basemap with street names to provide spatial context when discovering data as well as crowd-sourced updates for the most accurate map possible.
- Exports of the area of interest you create as well as the scenes you select in shapefile or KMZ format.
- Support for all operating systems, and not just our friends with Windows machines!
Image Hunter can be accessed here. We are excited to find out what you think about our industry-leading imagery search engine!
If you have any ideas and/or feedback to improve the new Image Hunter, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 993-3863.