Have you considered DEIMOS-1 as a replacement for the failing Landsat 7 mission? If not, it is worth giving it a look; and if so, give it a second one!
Our mapping and research-focused clients have found DEIMOS-1 to be superior to Landsat 7 in multiple ways:
- It offers better multispectral resolution at 22-meters.
- DEIMOS-1 can be tasked to time new collections of imagery with field research.
- The archive is robust with a low minimum order price.
- There are no scan line failures.
- The price for DEIMOS-1 is well below $1 per square kilometer.
The production options for DEIMOS-1 are similar to other commercial medium-resolution sensors. Here is the advice we can offer when considering DEIMOS-1 for your next project:
- Processing Level
- L0R – this is product has been radiometrically corrected but has not been geometrically corrected; it is meant for user who wish to orthorectify DEIMOS-1 data on their own.
- L1T – this product has been manually orthorectified (10-meter RMS) to a base layer Landsat ETM+ reference image; this is the default processing level.
- Radiometric Calibration
- All gain and bias coefficients needed to convert raw digital numbers to radiance are included in associated metadata files.
- Delivery Format
- All data products are delivered as GeoTIFFs. A TFW file is also delivered with geometrically corrected products.
- Metadata information can be found in the .dim file. Much of this information is also summarized in the .htm file which is easier to read using a web browser.