View Examples of Digital Aerial Imagery
What makes our digital aerial imagery offering unique is the extensive database of off-the-shelf data covering the United States and Europe. Originally called the Clear30 Program, DigitalGlobe and Microsoft first announced the project on October 29, 2009.
By February 2013, this database contained 11.2 million square kilometers (sq km) of seamless, orthorectified 30-centimeter (cm) natural color imagery. To complete this project in a narrow two year time frame, Vexcel Imaging, a subsidiary of Microsoft, built a custom aerial sensor, the UltraCamG. The UltraCamG has a 50% wider footprint than traditional sensors along with the ability to obtain multiple overlapping images of the same ground location. The UltraCamG can even be flown at heights over 5,000 meters!
- Spectral Bands: natural color & color infrared (i.e. green, red and near-infrared)
- At Nadir Resolution: 30-cm natural color & 60-cm color infrared
- Coverage Area: seamless, orthorectified 1° cells (~10,000 sq km)
- Collection Launch Date: Spring 2010
Below is the least expensive digital aerial data order possible. Note that academic and volume discounts are available.
- Data Source: archive
- Minimum Order Size: $350 (per area & date)
- Product Type: georeferenced + natural color
- Price Per Sq Km: $11.00 (US polygons); $16.50 (Europe polygons)
For an exact quote, please contact our Sales Team at email@example.com.